Are you superstitious? Did anything bad ever happen to you on Friday the thirteenth? I’m not superstitious, but I won’t walk under a ladder – that’s just dangerous. Here are a few common ones:
- The Number 13: With the exception of the horror movie(s), nothing bad happens in Friday the 13th, does it? Some hotels don’t have a 13th floor, but will have the pool there instead. Isn’t that inviting disaster?
- Itchy Palm: Shouldn’t have picked that poison ivy, right?
- Walking Under a Ladder: Like I said, just not safe.
- Breaking a Mirror: Bad luck? Well you do have to buy a new one…
- Finding a Horseshoe: Bad luck for the horse.
- Opening an Umbrella Inside: Not wise because how are you going to get out the door?
- Knock Twice on Wood: Always funny when you knock on your buddy’s head.
- Tossing Spilled Salt Over Your Shoulder: Just a waste of good salt.
- Black Cats: Cats are just jerks anyway.
Onto the books:
I gained 50+ newsletter subscribers through my BookFunnel promotions. So far, so good. Most downloaded the free sample of my sci-fi book, and one downloaded my poetry book.
I decided to put my sci-fi book on sale for the week:
Current promos are here: Discover New Authors and Free Books
That’s it for this week!
The story behind Free Book Friday:
I’ve met many authors and readers during my time marketing, cross-promoting, and blogging. I think writers have a responsibility to inform readers about all the indie authors out there in the very crowded world of book publishing. You can’t do it alone, and why would you when you have a supportive group available?
Readers don’t just read one author – they stick with their favorite genres. There lies the power in cross-promotion. If one of my readers buys a book from an author I promote, then chances are there will be a reciprocal effect, or so is the hope. Do I want to boost sales? Of course I do. Do I want to boost other’s sales? Why not. It’s called karma.
Speaking of free, do you want to review either of my books? Drop me a message telling me why (and the format).
Not ready to purchase yet?
Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free eBook of your choice.