Tuesday Thoughts: Unofficial Reviews

There could be many reasons for this reader to have stopped reading my book, and if they are reading this, thanks for giving me something to write about today, and I sincerely hope that you were interrupted just as you were ready to dive in to my first sci-fi novella.

I was told that about 5% of readers will post reviews. That’s not counting readers that receive free books we authors give out for reviews. I’m one of the remaining 95%. I don’t read quickly, and it takes phenomenal book to make me say even, “Yeah, I liked it.” On many sites, that warrants a 3-star rating, and I don’t like to leave anything lower than a 4-star for an indie author.

“No news is good news,” doesn’t apply to author’s books. We need to know what readers think about or creative projects in order to improve our craft. If I was consistently getting low ratings for my books, I would seriously consider changing my writing style, even though I enjoy reading what I wrote.

But that’s not the case, and few low ratings just shows that authors can’t please everyone.


Psst: Just a heads up, The View from Here will be going on sale Dec 1-8, but you can still buy it at $3.99 or read the first page for free on KU or the ‘Look Inside’ feature on the Amazon book page.

Leon Stevens is a multi-genre author, composer, guitarist, songwriter, and an artist, with a Bachelor of Music and Education. He published his first book of poetry, Lines by Leon: Poems, Prose, and Pictures in January 2020, followed by a book of original classical guitar compositions, Journeys, and a short story collection of science fiction/post-apocalyptic tales called The Knot at the End of the Rope and Other Short Stories. His newest publications are the novella trilogy, The View from Here, which is a continuation of one of his short stories, and a new collection of poetry titled, A Wonder of Words.

Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a free book!

Oh, pick me!
C’mon, space stuff!


Published by Leon Stevens

I am an author, composer, and an artist. I published my first book of poetry: Lines by Leon – Poems, Prose, and Pictures in January 2020 and a book of original classical guitar compositions. My latest book is a short story compilation of science fiction/post-apocalyptic tales called, The Knot at the End of the Rope and Other Short Stories.

3 thoughts on “Tuesday Thoughts: Unofficial Reviews

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: