After spending what felt like hours (because it was hours) trying to get my cover to fit with Amazon’s cover creator, I finally succeeded. Then it took hours to order the proof so I can check if it is acceptable.
Why did that take hours?
Because it is Amazon?
Ahh. Gotcha. Care to elaborate?
I thought you’d never ask.
- Click on “Order proof”
- Select region (.ca)
- Select quantity (1)
- Click submit
- Wait for confirmation email
- Decide to save some money and apply for the free trial of Amazon Prime.
- Receive author proof email and click link to . . . empty cart?
- Repeat with same result
- Repeat all above steps with same result
- Look up/read help steps and follow with same result
- Email CSR
- Receive response which contains the exact same steps as I already followed and mentioned in my email.
- Almost write snarky response, but . . . take the high road and attach the previous email.
That’s the high road?
Not really but I was nice about it, explaining the steps I had already taken
- Took matter into my own hands and decided to try a different browser.
- Discovered 5 different orders for author proofs in my cart
- Deleted extraneous orders and discovered my Prime shipping wasn’t applied
- Emailed Johannes (we are now on a first name basis) to inform him/they that the browser change solved the problem and to add that to the troubleshooting list—
That’s kinda snarky.
Just being helpful.
- Inquire about the Prime membership
- Informed that author proofs are not eligible for Prime shipping
- Cancel Amazon Prime
- Order proof
Now I wait. In the meantime, want to read A Wonder of Words with your KU membership?
The story behind Free Book Friday:
I’ve met many authors and readers during my time marketing, cross-promoting, and blogging. I think writers have a responsibility to inform readers about all the indie authors out there in the very crowded world of book publishing. You can’t do it alone, and why would you when you have a supportive group available?
Readers don’t just read one author – they stick with their favorite genres. There lies the power in cross-promotion. If one of my readers buys a book from an author I promote, then chances are there will be a reciprocal effect, or so is the hope. Do I want to boost sales? Of course I do. Do I want to boost other’s sales? Why not. It’s called karma.
Kindle Unlimited Free Books
Sales Links: Books under $5!
Summer Science Fiction Feature: New to you authors Discover New Authors and Free Books
Not ready to purchase? Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free book of your choice:
Leon Stevens is a multi-genre author, composer, guitarist, songwriter, and an artist, with a Bachelor of Music and Education. He published his first book of poetry, Lines by Leon: Poems, Prose, and Pictures in January 2020, followed by a book of original classical guitar compositions, Journeys, and a short story collection of science fiction/post-apocalyptic tales called The Knot at the End of the Rope and Other Short Stories. His newest publications are the novella trilogy, The View from Here, which is a continuation of one of his short stories, and a new collection of poetry titled, A Wonder of Words.