How do I choose the second chancers? Small number of views, mostly. Posts that may have been lost in the feed that I think are worthy. Sometimes, I’ll read a post and revise it slightly or fix broken links.
This is one of my earlier posts when I was developing my writing voice. I still am, I don’t think we ever stop, do we? You’re right, we shouldn’t.
Reading: Paper or eBook – On my other blog it was easier to insert poll questions, so I tried it here.
Dredged Up from the Past
Some of my posts from my old blog didn’t make the trip over. Until now: From May 2020, two months in:
Things that I regret watching:
- The Dead Don’t Die: Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Selena Gomez, Tilda Swinton, Iggy Pop. What could go wrong? It’s a parody of Zombie films that unfortunately misses the head shot. There are a few chuckles scattered throughout, but not enough to give it any stars. Watch Zombieland instead and give this one a double-tap ( Ha! Get it? 😊 )
- Avenue 5: Compared to such space comedies such as: Red Dwarf and The Orville, well you can’t compare it. It falls flat right from the start. I couldn’t even watch the whole first episode, but I went back and forced myself to give it a chance. Now 4 episodes in, I’m committed, or I should be committed. Why am I still watching? For the good of everyone else so that they shouldn’t have to.
- The Masked Singer: One show in and I discovered something, just PVR it, zap through the first 55 minutes and then the 3 minutes of the “Take it off” chant, and you know who it is. Ta-Dah!
- Sports Bloopers: I’m officially bloopered out. And great plays out.
- When will they start airing old games? Oh, there they are…
- Goldmining shows: I keep watching these and keep getting angry. The things that go wrong shouldn’t go wrong if they knew what they were doing. I can see things they shouldn’t have done. How can you let your water supply go dry/muddy when it’s the lifeblood of your plant…? (I know, if nothing went awry no one would watch)
- Infomercials: No I haven’t got to this point yet, but a Flow-bee would come in handy.
If I missed anything let me know. Happy viewing!
Not ready to purchase? Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free book of your choice:
Leon Stevens is a multi-genre author, composer, guitarist, songwriter, and an artist, with a Bachelor of Music and Education. He published his first book of poetry, Lines by Leon: Poems, Prose, and Pictures in January 2020, followed by a book of original classical guitar compositions, Journeys, and a short story collection of science fiction/post-apocalyptic tales called The Knot at the End of the Rope and Other Short Stories. His newest publications are the novella, The View from Here, which is a continuation of one of his short stories, and a new collection of poetry titled, A Wonder of Words.
Book Two the The View from Here trilogy is now available: The Second View